Why don't you use natural colors?
Actually, we do in several varieties. We know some of you are looking for Mac & Cheese with natural food colors or no colors at all. Here are 14 options you can consider:
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Organic White Cheddar
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Organic Cheddar
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese White Cheddar
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Alfredo
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Deluxe Original Cheddar
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Deluxe Four Cheese
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Deluxe Sharp Cheddar
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Homestyle Creamy Parmesan Alfredo
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Homestyle Sharp Cheddar and Bacon
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Homestyle Classic Cheddar
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Homestyle Hearty Four Cheese
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Homestyle Bowl Southwest Tortilla
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Homestyle Bowl Creamy Broccoli with White Cheddar
- KRAFT Mac & Cheese Cup Alfredo
Why do you use artificial colors in Mac & Cheese when other countries don’t?
All of the ingredients, including colors, work together to deliver the distinctive taste, appearance and texture people have come to expect and love from Original KRAFT Mac & Cheese.
I’ve heard these colors are bad for you. Is it true?
The artificial colors allowed in the U.S. food supply, including the Yellow #5 and #6 used in some KRAFT Mac & Cheese varieties, have been thoroughly studied for decades and deemed safe for use by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). And the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) shares the FDA’s perspective that these colors are safe for use in foods. Scientific consensus on safety is very important when we look at what ingredients to use. You can check it out for yourself. Here are the links to what both the FDA and EFSA have to say.
Why aren’t you listening to the 240,000+ people signing a petition on change.org?
We are listening and have been for some time. We’ve got 14 options with natural colors or no colors at all. We’ve expanded beyond KRAFT Mac & Cheese Organic and KRAFT Mac & Cheese White Cheddar to now include a dozen others.
And for those of you who have told us you love Mac & Cheese just the way it is and don’t want us to change it one bit, just stick with the Original.
I hear you make a similar product in the UK without artificial colors called Cheesey Pasta? Why not just bring it to the US?
Our KRAFT Mac & Cheese Organic Cheddar option is similar to Cheesey Pasta and is currently available in the US. It does not have artificial colors, and has the added benefit of being organic.
Will you ever change the colors in KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese?
Making ingredient changes isn’t as simple as it would seem. All of the ingredients must work together to deliver the distinctive taste, appearance and texture people expect from Original KRAFT Mac & Cheese. Our fans have made it clear they won’t settle for anything less.